Facebook, the largest social media platform, is rolling out new tools in India preventing the misuse of user’s Profile Picture. The new feature is being rolled out in response to multiple complaints lodged by Indian users stating the numerous safety and privacy challenges that they face with their social media accounts.
The new feature named as Facebook Profile Picture Guard will enable users to prevent their profile picture being downloaded and misused by anyone. This handy tool will be accompanied with a new design feature complimenting the Photo Guard – the tool rolled out already.
Facebook claims that adding unique designs to your profile picture will help to end its misuse. The preliminary tests revealed that when someone adds an extra design layer to one’s profile picture, other people are at least 75% less likely to copy that picture.
Benefits of Facebook Profile Picture Guard
Facebook is going to start posting a step-by-step guide for Indian users to secure their profile picture in their News Feed. After setting up the Profile Picture Guard, you’ll be served with the following extra features:
- Nobody will be able download, share or send your profile picture in a message on Facebook.
- Nobody will be able to take a screenshot of your profile picture on Facebook (currently available only on Android devices.
- People you’re not friends with on Facebook won’t be able to tag anyone, including themselves, in your profile picture.
How to Turn On Facebook Profile Picture Guard
Facebook has certainly simplified the whole process of turning on the Profile Picture Guard with just two clicks or taps.
- Head over to your profile settings on your Facebook App.
- Tap “Turn on Profile Picture Guard”.
- A blue border and shield will be displayed around your profile picture as a visual cue of protection.
Facebook has said that the feature is expected to be available in other countries soon.