As the Holy Month of Ramadan is underway and the festive of Eid-ul-Fitr just three weeks from now, the State Bank of Pakistan has announced to deliver fresh currency notes to general public through commercial banks.
This unique SMS based service was first introduced in 2012 delivering Rs. 112 billion whereas the last year witnessed worth Rs. 249 billion issued through SBP SMS service.
The issuance of new currency notes will start from Monday, 12th June 2017 and continue till Friday, 23rd June 2017. The fresh currency notes will be made available at 1000 commercial bank branches and State Bank offices across 120 cities.
How to Get Fresh Currency Notes?
If you desire to get fresh currency notes on this Eid-ul-Fitr, you need to send an SMS to 8877 with your CNIC number along with a branch ID number in the following format:
13 digit CNIC Number without dashes (space) Branch ID
Click here to find out the SBP authorized commercial bank branch near you issuing fresh currency notes on the Holy Festival of Eid-ul-Fitr this year.
You will shortly receive an SMS with your transaction number, the address of the branch where you can get the fresh notes and the date to visit the branch.
Customers should then approach the concerned e-branch along with following to obtain fresh notes:
- Original CNIC/SNIC, and its photocopy
- Redemption code received from 8877
A person will only be allowed to receive an allocated quote of fresh notes:
- 3 packets of 10 Rupees Currency Notes
- 1 packet of 50 Rupees Currency Notes
- 1 packet of 100 Rupee Currency Notes
Terms and Conditions
- SMS will be charged at Rs. 1.5+tax
- One person can only avail the service once only
- One mobile number can only be used with one CNIC. Every person would need to use separate mobile numbers.
- In case the date to visit the branch is missed, the transaction will become invalid.
- Bank branch codes and State Bank’s Branch IDs are different.
- If you have any query or complaint about the service or the bank, just call to the SBP helpline at 021-111 008 877 during working hours.