The journey of Android OS continues as the search engine joint has made Android 10 official on Pixel devices. However, other manufacturers are expected to roll out the latest OS for their devices faster than earlier.
Android 10 – Prominent Features
It seems that main focus of Google remained on privacy and security fields while tailoring Android 10 features. The latest OS enables users to enjoy more control over their devices while a new focus mode helps you to disable distracting apps.
Let’s have a bird’s eye on the new and advanced features of Android 10:
- Dark Mode gives users full control over how they want their phone to look like from inside. They can either set dark theme for the whole phone or for only specific applications.
- ‘Smart Reply’ makes the mobile usage more friendly. If someone sends you web address or YouTube video link in any messaging app, it would directly navigate you to the related application. The feature gives you freedom from hectic copy pasting procedure.
- Live Captioning feature is the most interesting one in the Android 10 that would start showing caption on video and voice recording with only one tap.
- Kids Control enables you to have full control on the usage of your kids’ phones. You can remotely control the screen time limits and app request from your device. It also gives you authority to see what your kids are doing on their phones.
Android 10 – New Privacy Controls and Security:
- The new privacy control feature enables users to share their location with apps only when they are using those ones. The smartphone will warn you if any app that you do not use actively tries to have an access to your location.
- In the privacy setting you can also see your activities on Web and Apps.
- Instead of sending privacy and security patches through OS updates, with the new Google policy, you will be able to update them through app store as soon as they are available, just like the way your apps get updated.
The Android 10 is designed by keeping foldable and 5G smartphones in mind, but for now it is only available for Pixel phones so we would have to wait to see how it works on those phones.