Skype – the Microsoft owned video calling platform has just added another long-awaited feature of ‘Call Recording’ in its latest update.
With the latest release, Skype users wouldn’t need a third party app to record Skype calls as the built-in call recording function is enabled to do the job.
Skype being a popular choice for communication, especially in workplaces and offices has become even more powerful with the call recording features.
As of now, the feature is available on all Skype versions except for Windows 10 where it is expected to be available in a few weeks’ time.
Download latest version of Skype FROM HERE.
Key Features of Skype Call Recording
- As soon as you start recording the Skype call, everyone in the call will be notified it’s being recorded so there are no surprises.
- If you are recording a video call, Skype will ensure everyone’s video stream (including your own) is combined and recorded.
- If someone shares their desktop screen during the call, it will also be included in the recording.
- Once you stop the recording, end the call, or leave the group call, the recording will stop, and the final call recording will be posted on your behalf in the Skype chat in which the call took place.
- The Skype call recording will be available in your chat for 30 days. You can download and save the recording locally at any time during the 30 days.
How to Record a Call in Skype
- During your Skype call, tap or click “+” during a call for more options.
- To record your call click Start recording on desktop or mobile.
- A banner will appear in your call letting everyone know you’ve started recording.
- After the call, the recording will be posted to your chat and will be available for 30 days. You can download and save the recording locally at any time during the 30 days.
How to Save a Skype Call Recording
- Head on to your chats and click More Options on desktop while tap and hold on the call recording on mobile platforms.
- Download and save the recording as an MP4 file.
- Desktop users will have to select Save to Downloads to save the file directly to your Downloads folder or select Save as to choose where to save it.
- The mobile users have to select Save to automatically download and save your recording to your device’s Camera Roll.