iphone-xs-max-on-fire

Here comes bad news for Apple fans as an iPhone Xs Max catches fire inside a man’s pocket on December 12th, 2018. According to media reports, the fiery smartphone was in Josh Hillard’s pocket when he smelled something strange followed by “a large amount of heat” in his back pocket that resulted in smoke later on.

The report further reveals that the awkward situation lead to a point that Hillard had to take his clothes and shoes off. His yelling alerted his VP who used an extinguisher to put out the fire. The affected person claims that his office has the entire footage of the incident. He further said:

“From the time of first noticing the fire and between removal of the pants and taking the phone out of my pocket and placing it outside, I inhaled A LOT of smoke”


Also Read: iPhone XS Max Display Declared as The Best One by DisplayMate


Soon after the unfortunate incident, Hillard visited the Apple Store to get a replacement for the effected iPhone but he experienced something he didn’t expect at all. He shares his experience by saying:

“After spending about 20 minutes with an employee and answering questions, she removed the SIM card in an effort to pull up my profile but it was melted.”


Late on the Apple employee told him that she had to call the safety team and took the phone to a back room but did not return or update him for about 40 minutes. After long-awaiting, he found a manager and explained his case to him.

Hillard says that the employee brought his phone later on already packaged and told him that the phone was being sent to the engineering team. The manager also explained the situation that this was the only way to get a replacement. He was merely given no other choice!

The Phone was purchased around 3 weeks ago so one can understand why Hillard is getting so upset. He is now demanding that Apple compensate him for his damaged pants and shoes.

An awkward situation for Apple, isn’t it?

(Source)