Jazz, the largest cellular operator in Pakistan, is all set to bring an innovative service to Pakistan directly competing with WhatsApp and WeChat like platforms. It will be the VEON app offering Chat like Facebook, Messages/Calls like WhatsApp, Content Sharing and some other unique services yet not known.
According to details, the mobile based platform, VEON app will not only be available in Pakistan but in all other global markets where VEON (formerly VimpelCom) operates.
About VEON Group
VEON, headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands is an international communications and technology company driven by a vision to unlock new opportunities for customers as they navigate the digital world. Present in some of the world’s most dynamic markets, VEON provides more than 200 million customers with voice, fixed broadband, data and digital services. Jazz is part of the VEON group.
The VEON group is planning to position itself as a solution provider for all sorts of utilities one might need to conduct personal or business tasks; from laundry services to calling a Careem or from paying bills to watching your favourite TV Show, VEON will have it all.
Although Jazz will be the parent of the VEON app in Pakistan but it will be open for all networks. This means that anyone can download VEON app, make calls and use all the services it offers.
VEON app has been introduced officially in four markets including Russia, Ukraine, Georgia and Pakistan after experimenting it in Italy.
An insider at Jazz hints that the VEON app aims to take on other famous communications apps like WhatsApp, Viber, Skype, etc., drastically eating the Voice, Video and SMS revenue of telecom operators.
Currently the app is in beta phase and available on Play Store for early adopters. We anticipate that the app will be formally launched by the end of September 2017.
In case you want to test the early version, go ahead and download it from Google Play Store. The iOS users will have to wait more.
VEON App Features
- Call, Texts, pictures and video sharing in private or in groups without using the data
- Customized media content in shape of news, articles and videos that Jazz can throw on your screens after analysing your likings and patterns through its analytics
- Absolutely free for the core functionality
- Customers can link their mobile accounts with the app and have a check on their remaining credit and top up from here as well.
- Customers can avail a 10% discount on bundles and packages if they integrate their debit or credit card with the app.
You can expect more details on VEON, its features and usage during coming days. Keep visiting us.