Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) has launched a user-friendly customer care portal – PTCL Touch. It is worth mentioning that the app was initially launched for Android users but now it has been rolled out for iPhone and Windows smartphones as well.
The PTCL Touch will enable PTCL customers to manage their accounts, buy new packages, register and view complaints, check usage info and pay bills with an ease. The company aims to promote the app amongst its broadband users so that they can manage their accounts easily without having to get in contact with PTCL staff.
How to use
All the smartphone users can download the PTCL Touch from the links given at the end of this article.
Once the app is downloaded and installed, users can use the app as a guest or sign up for a PTCL account if they don’t already have one. All of this is managed from within the app and you don’t need to use a browser to sign up.
If you have successfully signed up to PTCL Touch, you can now sign in and get additional functionality in terms of package orders, wish lists and account management while guest users can simply view what’s on offer and use some of the app’s features.
PTCL Touch has an improved version of high-res icon packs on the front page. Once launched, you’ll see a 5-page tour detailing on what you can do with the app.
The first page informs the user that they can either sign up to gain full access to all its features or view the app as a guest. The next few pages list the apps major features and what sort of control it is provides access to.
Once signed in (or even when using the app as a guest), you land on the main page, that has some similarities to what you would find on a Windows Mobile stock app. The app only uses square tiles and they don’t provide you any other information like a Windows Mobile app would. The tiles are plain buttons and clicking on any one of the buttons will get you to a new page.
PTCL Touch is really a user-friendly app as each and every button would lead you a certain feature page on the app. The large-sized tiles are embedded with the most used sections of the app like My Account, Bill Inquiry/Payment, Customer Support and Online Shop. On the other hand, the slightly less used features are displayed as smaller tiles.
- My Account section lets you edit your profile settings, view complaint status and usage details. More details regarding subscribed PTCL services are also available here.
- Bill Inquiry/Payment section lets you view and pay bills for your Evo, Vfone, Landline, broadband or Ufone account.
- Customer Support section allows users to chat with PTCL representatives, call them, provide feedback, view tutorials or get access to the PTCL contact directory.
- Complaint Registration section asks for details regarding the product, your ID and the complaint. The Complaint Status page requires you to enter complaint ID and phone number to view the current situation of your complaint.
- Online Shop also acts as a shopping assistant. It categorizes the products simply but it doesn’t make it easy if you are searching for a certain package. Alongside each product, you get the price, user rating, product information and more regarding each product package. Users can also order right from the app or add stuff to their Wishlist.
As the app does not show complete details therefore I would suggest to visit PTCL website to view packages and services in detail.
The PTCL Touch app comes with the usual features and a few updated ones.
- Pay Ufone and PTCL bills by debit and credit cards
- Order new PTCL services through telephone call.
- Register Landline, Broadband and EVO complaints
- Enquire about the latest Landline, Broadband and EVO bills
- Check broadband and EVO usage
- Avail customer care support through SMS, Email and Telephone
- Stay updated with PTCL/Ufone products and services
- Stay updated with the latest PTCL promotional offers
Android users click here
iOS users click here
Windows Phone users click here
Let us know about your user experience on the latest PTCL Touch app. Use our Comment Box below to share your views/comments.