There are a bunch of apps available out there on Play Store that can help you maintain and manage your Android device. But if it’s something from your device manufacturer, you will probably trust it more than a third-party app.
Samsung has made available a handy tool on Play Store for their customers to manage their Samsung devices. The Samsung Device Maintenance Tool, what is called now, has been around in various forms for a while now, initially being called ‘Smart Manager’ on the Galaxy S6 and S7.
Much like hundreds of cleaner tools on the Play Store, the Samsung Device Maintenance Tool performs tasks like clearing memory and deleting unnecessary files.
Samsung Device Maintenance Tool
Here is the official list of features from the Play Store listing:
- Reports the current condition of a customer’s smartphone on a 100-point scale;
- Optimizes a smartphone in one simple click;
- Analyzes battery usage on a per-app basis and saves battery power by checking unused apps via App power monitor;
- Identifies battery-draining apps;
- Provides Power saving mode and Maximum power saving mode to ensure that the user can enjoy their smartphone for an extended period of time;
- Offers a feature to remove unnecessary files automatically;
- Configure your Galaxy device in a desired mode. Select from four Performance modes to give your smartphone to perform better: Optimize mode, Game mode, Entertainment mode, and High performance mode;
- Manages and frees up RAM efficiently;
- Detects malware (viruses, spyware) and provides real-time protection for smartphones; and
- Offers two widget types and an edge panel for customer convenience.
The current version live on the Play Store is 22.214.171.124, which fixes an issue related to Bixby and the app’s update button. You can find it at the Play Store, but it will obviously only work on compatible Samsung devices.