State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) has issued final list including branch IDs of commercial banks in Pakistan authorised to deliver fresh currency notes on the eve of Eid-ul-Fitr this year.
The central bank has increased the number of e-branches this year to 1,532 as compared to 1,000 last year. Likewise the number of cities has also expanded from 120 to 132 where customers would be able to receive fresh currency notes in a hassle free manner.
The SBP has devised an SMS-based system in collaboration with Pakistan Banks Association (PBA) to disburse a fixed number of fresh currency notes worth Rs. 18,000 to an individual comprising of:
- 03 packets of Rs. 10
- 01 packet of Rs. 50
- 01 packet of Rs. 100
How to Receive Fresh Currency Notes
If you desire to avail the said facility, just follow these simple steps:
- Go through and find out the SBP authorised bank branch near your location disbursing fresh currency notes
- Send your 13 digits of CNIC without dashes along with the desired branch ID to 8877 in the form of xxxxxxxxxxxxx (space) KHI001
- You will receive an SMS comprising of the redemption code and the bank branch along with date to collect your quota of fresh currency notes
- Visit your concerned bank branch on the due date along with copy of your CNIC and redemption code received through SMS
- After due verification, the bank will issue you the desired notes
Branch IDs for Fresh Currency Notes
You can download the list of State Bank’s branch IDs FROM HERE.
Terms and Conditions
- The issuance of fresh currency notes will start from June 1 and will continue till June 14th, 2018.
- One CNIC and one mobile number can only once be used.
- Bank branch codes and State Bank’s Branch IDs are different.
- Be noted that customers’ request may not necessarily be entertained as every branch has a certain quota for the issuance of fresh currency notes.
- In case the quota for fresh currency notes for that particular branch is reached, customer will have to send a new request with another branch ID.
- In case the date to visit the branch is missed, the transaction will become invalid.
- An SMS will be charged @ Rs. 1.50 per request
- If you have any query or complaint about the service or the bank, just call to the SBP helpline at 021-111 008 877 during working hours.